Athletics & Running @Home
As you will hopefully see from our latest e-bulletin we have re-launched the Athletics and Running @Home section of the EA website and re-posted some content from the first lockdown, plus some additional content that has been developed by various colleagues at EA. We have launched new virtual challenges for you to try at home or whilst out running with others from your household or 1 other person outside of your household. Visit https://www.englandathletics.org/about-us/athletics-at-home/ to see the full range on content available
Over the next few weeks we will be running the following webinars, forums and training courses:
- Variuos dates, LiRF to CiRF courses – for more information, dates and booking details visit https://www.englandathletics.org/coaching/development/lirf-to-cirf/
- 9th November, Learning Disability in Sport Awareness Workshop – developed through a partnership between Mencap Sport and Special Olympics Great Britain this workshop looks at learning disability and sport. It aims to help clubs, coaches and providers of sport understand how to support people with a learning disability to access sporting opportunities in an inclusive environment. Please contact Jon Stonebridge on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to book a place
§ 10 November, Road Race Webinar – England Athletics & runbritain are hosting a road race webinar to discuss the current situation. Tom Bedford (Richmond Runfest) and Barry Hopkins (Sporting Events UK) share a realistic look at the practicalities of putting on events during a pandemic. Presentations followed by an Q & A opportunity.https://englandathletics.clickmeeting.com/road-race-organisers-putting-on-events-under-covid-19-guidance/register?_ga=2.123756042.1859981932.1603277962-629073852.1602962449
- 11 November, Dealing with Club Disputes – visit https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJ0tcOqrpzgvEtyx9dulRLra9vT7lRMO2oyC to register for this popular session that is back by popular demand
- 25 November, Meet the Athletics Pride Network – Introducing the Athletics Pride Network to the athletics family through sharing its purpose and goals, offering guidance in relation to LGBTQ+ inclusion in clubs and highlighting the resources available to the LGBTQ+ community in the sport. There will be an opportunity to ask questions and find out more how the Network can provide guidance to make athletics an even more LGBTQ+ friendly sport.
- Various dates, Time to Listen Training – there is still time for Club Welfare Officers to book a place on one of our Time to Listen training courses https://www.athleticshub.co.uk/course-list/eng?what=Time%202%20Listen&_ga=2.220949213.436135240.1604489526-1472867283.1578662891
A recording of last weeks webinar on the latest plans for coach and leader education over the autumn / winter will also be posted on these pages over the next couple of days
New Guidance Announced
As I’m sure everyone is aware from today (5th November) until 2nd December the UK government is requiring everyone to stay at home except for specific purposes and not to mix with people from other households, again except for specific purposes. Our latest guidance reflects these changes and outlines full details of all activities that have been suspended as a result. More details can be found at https://www.englandathletics.org/athletics-and-running/news/new-guidance-announced-for-athletics-and-running-following-latest-national-lockdown-restrictions/ and we will continue to update the guidance as we get clarity on some outstanding queries. We will as ever attempt to get clarity on how any lifting of restrictions impacts our guidance in advance of 2nd December when the current lockdown is due to end.
Speed & Power Virtual Conference (14-15 Nov) From the comfort of your own home, our Speed & Power Virtual Conference will put you in front of elite-level athletes and coaches, strength and conditioning experts and leaders in sport psychology who will present on technique, training, planning, physical prep, plyometrics and the mindset to pull it all together! Our speaker presentations, split over two days, will focus on a range of topics and will offer a fantastic development opportunity to improve technical, tactical and psychological understanding of how to coach speed and generate power from athletes. Our conference aims to benefit individuals including coaches, leaders and athletes in athletics, running and other sports – plus all attendees will be offered FREE access to the EXOS Absolute Speed module (normally £147) and will be able to access recordings of all sessions post-event! Discounts are available for individuals registered with an affiliated EA club. For more information and to book visit https://www.englandathletics.org/speedpowerconf
International Virtual Youth Development Conference (5-6 Dec) We’re delighted to be hosting our International Virtual Youth Development Conference! If you’re a coach or leader working with young athletes (U18s), and you want to ensure they have a positive athletics experience and maximise their potential, then BOOK NOW as our conference is for you! Our two-day International Virtual Youth Development Conference will be hosted via Zoom and will feature a fantastic line-up of speakers who will deliver engaging presentations and sessions across the weekend. As an added bonus, all attendees will also be given three months FREE access to the Athletics 365 XL App content. Discounts available for individuals registered with an EA affiliated club. For more information and to book your place visit https://www.englandathletics.org/youthdevconf